Starting on 18 June 2018, Google officially launched the services YouTube Premium si YouTube Music for users in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Through these two services, subscribed users will have access to both videos and official albums, singles, remixes, live shows, covers, and more.
Being dedicated music services, Google promises dedicated playlists based on your favorite genres, depending on the activities and the mood of the users. Recommendations depending on the musical genres previously played or on the event.
It's not a novelty. These sorts and recommendations can also be found at Apple Music or Spotify. It is a step forward for Google, which, with the launch of these services, comes into direct battle with the big players on this market.
YouTube Premium and YouTube Music features
- Starter screen with recommendations based on user preferences, mood or activity.
- an impressive collection of videos, official albums, remix and cover collections, singles, live concerts and more.
- content of videos and exclusive music on YouTube
- Play in background. It is known that on standard service, once YouTube is left in the background, music stops. Whether we are talking about a device Android or iOS.
- intelligent search system. In case we forgot the name of the song or the artist, we can search for sequences from the videclip.
- no ads. All creatives will be removed.
- download music and videos - they will be available offline.
The prices for the two services are 11.99 $ for YouTube Premium and 9.99 $ for YouTub eMusic Premium
YouTube and YouTube Music are available on Google Play and the App Store for iOS devices.