Compared to other big names of smart phones with Android, ASUS devices regularly receive updates to the latest versions of the operating system. This is not the case with ROG Phone, which is a smartphone optimized for gaming impatience, and updates Android I come with another frequency.
Almost a month after the launch of the update Android for SAMSUNG 6, finally came the turn of the former flagship of ASUS, ZenFone 5Z to receive Android 10. Most likely the update for the ROG Phone 2 will follow, which is already running a beta for testers.
Until then, we can't overlook some very important changes made by Android 10 to ASUS ZenFone 5Z.
Changes and Applications Removed Android 10 on ZenFone 5Z
- the update system of Google Play
- Removed: Page Marker, ZeniMoki, Selfie Master, Beauty Live, Kids Mode, Easy Mode, Weather animation settings, AI Charging, WebStorage, Go2 Pay, Report Location in Safeguard and Yandex options in File Manager.
- the support of the Twin application for the Arena of Valor, PUBG, Vainglory and Injustice 2 games has been removed
- Before upgrading to Android 10, it is good to back up your entire system and individual files. If you plan to downgrade from Android 10 to Android 9, all data on the internal storage will be deleted.
- APN settings have been upgraded and APN has been added for Canada Public Mobile.
- changes are made to the ASUS APN settings
- Themes and Mobile Manager have been moved to Advanced Settings
Before upgrading, you need to keep in mind that there are still many applications and games incompatible with Android 10.
The graphical interface, ZenUI 6.0 has a size of 1.7 GB and has the serial number of the version: 100.04.44.98. At one point ZenUI was one of the most advanced graphical interfaces available for a smartphone. ASUS is now trying to bring the graphics and user experience as close to the "clean" version of Android. Android stock. So if you own a ZenFone 5Z you will notice that many customization options have disappeared from ZenUI. Paradoxically, the update to Android 10 brings ASUS devices closer to the concept Apple. Simplicity, reliability and performance, to the detriment of customizations, super-loaded screens with animations and third-party applications boring or pointless.